2014-15 “Preparing Students for the Global Workplace” Webinar Series
This is a series promoting the connection of the humanities (language, culture, and area studies) to professional schools/career academies. The goal of the webinars is to share ideas and resources, and connect participants to other professionals seeking innovative ways of preparing students to be globally competent citizens able to choose from multiple career paths.
In each webinar session, we hope to engage participants and learn how the NOBLE project can support in the classroom to prepare students for the 21st century global workplace.
The webinars take place monthly at 4:00 US EST, and are free to the public.
- October 21, 2014 How Foreign Languages Can Give You the Professional Edge Kathleen Stein Smith Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
To join the webinar, please log in at: http://ufat.adobeconnect.com/r6qhxdxwxc9/
- November 12, 2014 Global Advocacy Projects for the Secondary and Post-Secondary Classrooms Jose Carmona
- November 18, 2014 Meet and Greet! Open Forum Network with Graduate Students from around the Globe
To join the webinar, please log in at: http://ufat.adobeconnect.com/r540dmhh7ff/
- December 9, 2014 World Cultures and Unique Ways of Business Negotiation Ellen Street, DSF Consulting/University of Missouri, USA
To join the webinar please log in at: http://ufat.adobeconnect.com/r1315q0a2l7/
- January 20, 2015 LSP in Basic Language Curricula Annie Abbott, University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign and Holly Nibert, Ohio State University, USA
To join the webinar, please log in at: http://ufat.adobeconnect.com/r8riorv2cp1/
- February 17, 2015 Business Portuguese: Analyzing Students Preferences Rita Leduc, Universidade Aberta, Portugal
To join the webinar please log in at: http://ufat.adobeconnect.com/r87bbc2b2j6/
- March 17, 2015 Design of a French Business Culture Survey for Study Abroad Students Sandhya Shanker, Michigan State University and Antoinette Tessmer, Michigan State University, USA
To join the webinar please log in at: http://ufat.adobeconnect.com/r564y35200f/
- March 24, 2015 Why MOOC modules for Professional Spanish? Carolina Egúsquiza, University of Antwerp, Belgium
To join the webinar please log in at: http://ufat.adobeconnect.com/r5ox9y95f55/
- April 14, 2014 “Leadership” in the Language Classroom Sheri Spaine Long, University of North Carolina Charlotte, USA
To join the webinar please log in at: http://ufat.adobeconnect.com/r6nnuj2cqmm/
Thank you to our webinar guests and our webinar series Co-Sponsors: