About Our Webinars
This is a series of conversations with professionals from different fields of work who are involved in innovative initiatives to connect the humanities (language, culture, and area studies) to the professional schools. The goal of the webinars is to provide resources for participants and connect them to other professionals seeking innovative ways of preparing students to be globally competent citizens able to choose from multiple career paths.
Through these conversations, we want to hear your thoughts and ideas on what future topics will be of interest to you and how the NOBLE project can support you and your efforts to prepare students for the 21st century global workplace.
The webinars take place monthly at 4:00 EST, and are free to the public.
**Please note that some sessions must be held earlier if the guest is from another time zone.
2014-15 Webinar Topics starting in October, schedule coming soon…
- How Foreign Languages Can Give You the Professional Edge
- Design of a French Business Culture Survey for Study Abroad Students
- Business Portuguese: analyzing students preferences
- Professional Spanish MOOC Modules
- Global Advocacy Projects for the Secondary and Post Secondary Classrooms
- LSP in Basic Language Curricula
- “Leadership” in the Language Classroom
2013-14 Webinars: Archived
- December 10, 1013 Connecting Students to the “Real” World Annie Abbott, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Link to webinar recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXhWaH21ebI
- January 14, 2014 Developing A High School “Spanish for Leadership” Course Cristin Bleess, Castle View High School, Colorado. Link to webinar recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO4XoY9HXBg
- January 28, 2014 “Students’ Own Careers as a Specific Purpose” Darcy Lear, Career Coach, Chicago. Link to webinar recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dRbewJgVZI
- February 11, 2014 Building a Career Abroad: a Visual Approach to Creating Opportunities Leslie Forman, Universidad del Desarollo in Santiago, Chile. Link to webinar recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9atL6J4cpo&feature=share&list=PLylrmGqeIorfugWW5nZUDxq_zkz7zfWf1&index=3
- February 25, 2014 Medical Spanish – Moving from Rote skills To Practical Application in the Secondary Classroom Melissa Swarr, Hempfield School District in Lancaster, PA. Link to webinar recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VgBjdTcdWM&list=PLylrmGqeIorfugWW5nZUDxq_zkz7zfWf1&feature=share&index=1
- March 25, 2014 Using Case Studies in the Foreign Language Classroom Margaret Gonglewski and Anna Helm, George Washington University Link to webinar recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb2bowqTTDk&feature=share&list=PLylrmGqeIorfugWW5nZUDxq_zkz7zfWf1&index=2
- April 8, 2014 Spanish for Healthcare In the USA Berta-Isabel Cuadrado Álvarez 4:30 p.m. EST Log-in: http://
ufat.adobeconnect.com/ r3jalbtmov7/ Link to recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYIs97K3FmM&list=UUsEpyorIHibO_jk9F7_JKcA
Thank you to our webinar guests and our webinar series Co-Sponsors: