Texts and Materials
- Spanish for Law Enforcement textbooks
- 2012 Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER), “Spanish Faculty and Students Working with Law Enforcement” handout compiled by Dr.Juanita Villena-Alvarez, University of South Carolina Beaufort.
Programs by Government and Consumer Organizations:
- University of Nebraska at Omaha and the National Latino Peace Officers Association Police Outreach to the Hispanic / Latino Community: A Survey of Programs and Activities. A Report by the Police Professionalism Initiative in November 2002
- The University of Tennessee’s Law Enforcement Innovation Center: This training is offered FREE OF CHARGE by the University of Tennessee’s Law Enforcement Innovation Center and funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 through the Bureau of Justice Assistance.
- Spanish on Patrol: Spanish for Police, EMS, Corrections, Fire, 911, Parks
- Public Agency Training Council: Spanish Language Emersion for Law Enforcement
- Public Safety Language Training: Self Study and Instructor-led programs
- Español for Law Enforcement: free online tutorial from the National Institute of Justice.
- Law Enforcement Spanish Minor offered by James Madison University.
- Spanish Minor for Law Enforcement offered by Saint Francis University.
- Certificate in Spanish for Law Enforcement offered by the California University of Pennsylvania’s Global Online Program.
- University of Washington offers one course in Spanish for Law Enforcement.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s Police Training Institute offers a course in Spanish for Law Enforcement.
- Law Enforcement Spanish Certificate offered by Madonna University, Michigan.
- Spanish for Law Enforcement six week online course through the University of Central Florida.