- This event has passed.
Third Medical Spanish Summit -Online
November 4, 2022 @ 8:00 am - November 5, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Third Medical Spanish Summit
Copied from conference page:
Friday, November 4, 2022, 1pm-5pm (CST): The Second Undergraduate Colloquium on Spanish for the Health Professions will open our Summit! More information and instructions about how to submit a proposal here.
Saturday, November 5, 2022, 9am-2:45pm (CST): programme will be announced by mid-October. Submit your abstract here.
Overall Summit Objectives:
- To integrate social justice into medical Spanish education
- To enhance medical Spanish through interdisciplinary collaborations
- To identify future directions in medical Spanish education
- Medical Spanish curricula and learner competencies
- Medical Spanish educational research
- Medical Spanish proficiency assessment
Target audience: Audience may include current teachers, faculty, deans, course directors, and students, and may include individuals with diverse interdisciplinary backgrounds including physicians and other health professionals, interpreters and translators, language educators, linguists, and others. Conference will be bilingual, with some Spanish and some English presentations.
Target language: English and Spanish are welcomed and encouraged! Feel free to use one or the other at any moment during this summit.
Accreditation: All participants will receive a “Medical Spanish Summit Participant Certificate” for up to 6 learning hours. All speakers will receive a “Medical Spanish Summit Speaker Certificate.”
Timeline for attendees:
- October 15, 2022 (11:59pm CST): Attendee registration