Alien in LSP Classroom
Institute of Foreign Languages, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology calls for papers on the role of the LSP teacher to be compiled in a major international publication.
We would like to honor the LSP instructors’ professional and personal investment by a publication spreading their own experience and informing other LSP practitioners about their successful practices. Thus we invite papers on the roles of LSP teachers in tertiary education encompassing the following topics:
- Curriculum developments, where there are usually very few guidelines, composing one’s own materials, and tailoring course design.
- Instructors retraining themselves and finding out and staying in touch with the demands of the target discipline.
- Reflection of student’s needs and employers’ requirements.
- Teaching discipline-specific cultural competencies (including specific corpora) when the instructor is a linguist outside of the target discipline.
- Developing active and self-evaluative learners as most of their future language learning will be done by themselves.
- Community-based learning, cooperation with experts, project-based learning while approximating the real-world workplace.
- Use of any technologies mediating the teacher-student relationship.
Detailed information can be found here: http://www.kj.fme.vutbr.cz/?idh=4
Deadline to submit papers is March 13, 2019.