- This event has passed.
The 76th Annual Kentucky Foreign Language (KFLC) Conference
April 20 - April 22
Founded in 1948, the KFLC is one of the country’s longest-running literary, linguistics, pedagogy, and technology conferences. Our event takes place each April at the University of Kentucky campus, in Lexington, Kentucky. We host over 650 participants annually, and over 85% of our presenters hold Ph.D.s in their respective fields. Both domestic and international scholars converge on UK’s campus to discuss their research in Arabic and Islamic Studies, East Asian Studies, French and Francophone Studies, German-Austrian-Swiss Studies, Hispanic Linguistics, Hispanic Studies (both Spanish American and Peninsular), Italian Studies, Russian Studies, English as a Second/Foreign Language, Luso-Afro-Brazilian Studies, Neo-Latin, Translation Studies and Second Language Acquisition.
- November 15th, 2022 – Abstracts due
- December 14th, 2022 – Acceptance/rejection letters sent
- January 10th, 2023- Registration opens
- March 1st, 2023 – Registration closes
- March 13th, 2023 – Draft program posted to website
The conference will have a hybrid format:
- Thursday, April 20th: Virtual panels on Zoom
- Friday, April 21st and Saturday, April 22nd: In-person panels